|A mobile phone (pictured) lost between two seats burst into flames and|
began to smoke on-board an international Qantas flight.
"The Australian Transport Safety Bureau said further education was needed on the potential hazards of flying with PEDs (personal electronic devices) that have lithium ion batteries."
Pictured: The mobile phone stuck between two seats on a Qantas plane that burst into FLAMES on a flight from Sydney to Dallas
by Peter Devlin for Daily Mail Australia, 25 August 2016
- Phone burst into flames on Qantas flight from Sydney to Dallas-Fort Worth
- The phone was discovered stuck between two seats in business class
- Report noted it was the 17th 'lithium battery thermal event' in six years
A passenger on board the A380 flight from Sydney to Dallas-Fort Worth alerted crew to smoke in the cabin two hours before the plane was scheduled to land on May 15.